Monday, January 18, 2010

The Wind

the wind whispers new patterns of movement
new paths to directions unearthed
I listen to this wind
Feel its cold touch on my ear
Walk in the style of its force
It warms me inside with a confidence never felt
It’s so strong that to turn my head
I fear I will fall back –
Back to where there was no wind…..
No want for change, no sense of hearing…its call.
I was deaf and lacked perception of the pressure.
I like this wind.
I don’t know where it came from.
Maybe there’s a portal finally inside that opened
Allowing this new wave of smiles
Wider and deeper than any ocean of tears I’ve carried on my shoulders.
A new wave of pace, for my walk is more erect….
Straighter than the lines I’ve allowed myself to cross.
A new wave of boundaries, limited by grace….
A grace that now opposes irrationality and unbalance.
This wind came in a week.
It moved me out of the deepest holes yet.
A hole so familiar in obsession…
A hole to hold all my past.
A whole desperate emotion.
This wind carried me and lifted me out.
It was so strong at first that it blew out all the dirt from inside me,
All the dirt surrounding the hole caved in, and all the concrete negative notions settled.
It’s covered. I cannot fall in again.
As long as I ride with this wind, I cannot fall again.
Be it as it may, if a foot slips, it will be in a new hole.
One not created by my past, but rather a future I have not labeled yet….or let label me.

3 comments:

  1. I read through your poems. I find them very lovely ^_^ you have some real talent. I especially liked the rhyming one towards the bottom and the one about the clock. You are brilliant at expressing yourself.

    Much hope

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks!!! This is my first response! Very exciting for I am pretty new to this whole blogging idea.....lol. Thank you!!! :) if any of my poems inspire you, add them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love this one ::: makes me want to create a new painting of it! you rock < george lopez voice.

    ReplyDelete